USB Mem stick / pen

my daughter bent the USB connector on her memory stick, the pc (WIN2K) reconizes it but when you go to open the disk it complains with "please insert disk" I've used Nortons disk doctor but it has the same trouble I opened the device and it looks like all wires are ok

it did have 6mths of her Uni assignments on it any clues ??

Reply to
Fred

and a broken trace?

Reply to
Ryan Weihl

...and don't depend on that technology anymore without backup...

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Have you tried another PC? Just a thought.

Reply to
Michael Ware

Don't depend on *any* technology without a backup.

Simply blows me away that someone would keep only one copy of something so important. Backup regularly, it's been one of the cardinal rules of computing since the very beginning.

Reply to
James Sweet

James Sweet wrote in news:BgKng.1491$Gh.61 @trnddc02:

I've found that three copies is the magic number for me to consider something to be permanent. If your data is very important, get one of those copies off-site. (Out of the building and immediate surrounding area.)

The number 1 rule of technology should be: Technology fails. Don't rely on it.

Puckdropper

Puckdropper