USA National wireless plan

So now that the federal government has established that they will force individuals to purchase goods and services under threat of fines and imprisonment ("health care mandate"), no doubt they will also require Americans to buy government-approved broadband service. Those recalitrant luddites who try to stick with plans that don't meet minimum government specifications will be thrown in the slammer where they belong.

--
  Roger Blake
  (Change "invalid" to "com" for email. Google Groups killfiled due to spam.)

The airwaves were previously the property of the citizens. Anything for a buck.

"It's interesting to note how often the FCC mentions the value of the spectrum in dollar terms and not in terms of how it serves the community".

-- Cheers, WB .............

Reply to
Wild_Bill

No, it's exactly what I expect since the FCC is run by politicians, not engineers.

Michael A. Terrell

On 4/6/2010 3:07 AM Michael A. Terrell spake thus:

The usual "politicians" smear doesn't explain it.

The real problem is that the FCC, like most so-called regulatory agencies, is run by those from the supposedly regulated industry. You know, like the fox guarding the henhouse.

Cf. the ongoing Wall Street banking/investment "crisis".

- a Usenet "apology"
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Talk about frying your brain with a cell phone and brain cancer. The plain air will have more RF driving through your brain 24/7 than a cell phone ever had.

--
LSMFT

I'm trying to think but nothing happens.........
Reply to
LSMFT

Oh come on David, is the farmer that much better of a guard for the hen house?

The hens are kept in seculsion, sometimes in places where they can not move more than a few inches, fed to become fat, have their young stolen from them and eaten, and when they are past their prime, killed and eaten.

This does not sound like a guard concerned by their well being, except to produce and become food.

You are just trading one preditor for another. We happen to be the other preditor so we don't like the competition, but from a chicken's point of view, we both eat them.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel gsm@mendelson.com  N3OWJ/4X1GM
New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

To the rabbits, it was a bountiful harvest. To the carrots, it was a total holocaust.

Jeff

--
?Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.?
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeffrey D Angus

On 4/6/2010 12:39 PM LSMFT spake thus:

And you know this how? I assume you're a qualified public health professional, or possibly a radiologist or some such.

Hint: remember that thing called the inverse square law?

- a Usenet "apology"
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Nice job of hijacking the topic. However, I'll play dumb and take the bait.

Feast what's left of your brain on this graph:

It's the incidence of new brain and central nervous system cancers from 1975 to 2006 in 9 major metro areas from the Nation Cancer Institute. It's quite flat and shows a slight decrease in brain cancer since 1987. If cell phones really caused brain cancer, one would expect to see at least a small rise in new brain cancer cases.

# 831-336-2558
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann

Really? They know absolutely nothing about the technology. The head is appointed, not elected, and the FCC is run about as well as FEMA. The only difference is the price of the horses in the race.

Really? How do they appoint the head of the FCC? How do they vote on policy?

Sigh. You are as underwhelming as your sig file.

prove it.