UPDATE: RCA TV model 14512T Repaired

Hi,

I repaired RCA TV model 14F512T with no vertical deflection problem. R409

1ohm was open. IC301 ("TDA4864AJ" on device) is bad, but I couldn't get a direct replacement (not available). A "substitute", part number 264870 (STV9302A) was sent, is NOT A DIRECT REPLACEMENT. After several attempts to get the correct part failed, I decided to "configure" the "substitute", based on info I downloaded on it and the original part.

MODIFICATIONS:

Remove R307 220 ohm.

STV9302A TDA4864A7 (orig.) PIN 1 goes to PIN 6 hole in PCB PIN 2 '' PIN 1 hole PIN 3 '' PIN 2 hole PIN 6 '' PIN 3 hole

Other pins go to the same number holes in PCB. I used wires on a few pins because the pins couldn't reach. You may prefer modifying the PCB instead.

Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

Hi,

I made a mistake in the part number for the "substitute".

The correct part number is 264879 (STV9302A).

Brad

Reply to
Brad