Universal remote wanted for Panasonic DVD recorder EUR7721X10

Does anyone know how I can identify which universal remotes will work with my Panasonic VHS/DVD recorder please?

It takes an EUR7721X10 which I need to do something called FINISHing off the DVD-R recordings. I called Panasonic and someone there told me that I cant make recordings with this unit and finish them off on a computer using Toast or some DVD recording program which finishes off the DVDs once recorded.

Is this last bit true or can I press RECORD and then finish the recordings off on a computer? Panasonic also say you cant use anything other than DVD-R or DVD-RAM (if that format still exists) whereas users seem to report that they can successfully use DVD-RW and DVD+R or DVD+RW

Reply to
Amanda Ripanykhazov

Offworld checks no longer accepted!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes,I know I can spend twice what the unit cost for the remote for this numerous year old machine: I wanted to know if there is any way of identifying whether any universal remote is likely to work

Reply to
Amanda Ripanykhazov

You're lucky that you can get any remote that will work.