Unbranded valves/tubes

Where would they have come from ? some batch of other double tetrodes and markings removed ? all Chinese script so scrubbed off ?

4 presumably ECC83 in a Laney (not originals) all test bad C/H leakage and bad/ low or marginally good gain. Not a trace of any marking , as low power valves, presumably no marking originally. They look like any other ECC83, no bad cut metal/ broken mica or any other indication of bad manufacture.

N_Cook

I would say the ink faded away. I have a lot of pulls with little or no ink.

Reply to
Meat Plow

I once knew a number of ways to 'raise' the lettering in those cases. Thanks to the ravages of time and the apparent death of important brain cells, I only remember one:

Cool the tube and fog the surface with your breath.

Others will be along soon to elaborate on their techniques.

Jonesy

--
  Marvin L Jones    | jonz          | W3DHJ  | linux
   38.24N  104.55W  |  @ config.com | Jonesy |  OS/2

I have just carried out an inventory of my old (new) valve stock ex on-the-road service engineer. Quite a lot of them have no - partly visible lettering. I suspect this was due to our practive of removing them from their individual wrapping and carrying them in the vehicle in compartmented cardboard boxes.

--
Geo
Reply to

ECC's are double triodes, not tetrodes.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Rumors say, that some tubes from me-too-ers have been remarked to appear as from a high-quality producer.

To be certain, you have to eliminate the "presumably" (by measurement?).

Some ink seems to soften over time, so that even touching/handling rubs the marking off.

Regards, H.

Reply to
Heinz Schmitz

and

no

measured on avo tester with settings as ECC83. just tried looping ptfe tape around the envelopes and fingernail pressure but not the slightest lettering appeared. All the valves have an unusual cloudy appearance within the glass where the leads go through, so presumably all the same batch/make despite different impressed letter/numbers in the flat base glass sections of the valves. No Mullard type tiny code numbers on the envelopes.

N_Cook

Back to your question, do you need help with identifying tube holes? I have the PDF for that amp. I actually have the whole amp too. Came to me with burned AOT. Replaced with a Fender Bassman OEM I had stocked. It's one of my fav Brit sounding amps.

Reply to
Meat Plow

and

ECC83,

the

No

Is your valid email m/e/a/t@p-e-t-i-t,m,o,r,t,e.net without the intrusions?

N_Cook

Yes snipped-for-privacy@petitmorte.net. I use TMDA (the mail delivery agent) so you will get a confirmation email to respond to before I get yours. The reason being is spammers don't reply to confirmations and I can safely post my address in public.

Reply to
Meat Plow

tetrodes

leakage

manufacture.

pressure

where

different

valves.

I just got a rude bounce

"host mx2.netbasix.net[74.211.131.251] said: 550 5.0.0 Veryfast.biz-pedoChuck's mail not wanted here (in reply to MAIL FROM command)"

Reply to
N_Cook

tetrodes

leakage

manufacture.

pressure

where

different

valves.

I just got a rude bounce

"host mx2.netbasix.net[74.211.131.251] said: 550 5.0.0 Veryfast.biz-pedoChuck's mail not wanted here (in reply to MAIL FROM command)"

Reply to
N_Cook

Don't forget this is an N_Cook post !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

If they have bad leakage, where they came from is irrelevant, other than avoiding buying the same.

Very likely ECC83 it has to be said.

If they're stuffed, measurement won't help.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Meat Plow wrote:

He's using the free motzarella server so presumably from here

Pinging motzarella.org [85.214.105.209] with 32 bytes of data:

Which resolves here.

inetnum: 85.214.16.0 - 85.214.139.255 netname: STRATO-RZG-DED2 descr: Strato Rechenzentrum, Berlin country: DE admin-c: CM265-RIPE tech-c: XX1-RIPE tech-c: WB14-RIPE status: ASSIGNED PA remarks: *************************************************** remarks: * Abuse Contact: snipped-for-privacy@strato.de in case of Spam, * remarks: * Hack Attacks, Illegal Activity, Violation, etc. * remarks: *************************************************** mnt-by: STRATO-RZG-MNT source: RIPE # Filtered person: Christian Mueller address: Cronon AG address: Pascalstrasse 10 address: D-10587 Berlin address: Germany phone: +49 30 398020 fax-no: +49 30 39802222 abuse-mailbox: snipped-for-privacy@strato.de nic-hdl: CM265-RIPE remarks: see also: XX1-RIPE CM5081-NSI CM1-ABC SOUL-RIPE mnt-by: CRONON-MNT source: RIPE # Filtered person: Christian Xaver Mueller address: Cronon AG address: Pascalstrasse 10 address: D-10587 Berlin address: Germany phone: +49 30 398020 fax-no: +49 30 39 802-222 abuse-mailbox: snipped-for-privacy@strato.de nic-hdl: XX1-RIPE remarks: see also: CM265-RIPE SOUL-RIPE mnt-by: CRONON-MNT source: RIPE # Filtered person: Wilhelm Boeddinghaus address: Strato Rechenzentrum GmbH address: Pascalstrasse 10 address: D-10587 Berlin address: Germany phone: +49 30 39802-0 fax-no: +49 30 39802-222 nic-hdl: WB14-RIPE remarks: see also INTERNIC: >WB131< mnt-by: CRONON-MNT source: RIPE # Filtered % Information related to '85.214.0.0/16AS6724' route: 85.214.0.0/16 descr: Strato Rechenzentrum origin: AS6724 mnt-by: STRATO-RZG-MNT source: RIPE # Filtered

Unfortunately if you put "Christian Muller" and P(a)edophile into a Google search it returns a number of results.

E.g.

Doubtless innocent enough but might explain the auto-reject.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore