tv tuner noise bars

Hey everyone Ive got an old ati tv tuner card which has always had a problem with noise bars. It works perfectly fine but the noise bars have always bothered me.( I could buy a new one but Im cheap ) Anyway, according to this:

there is a mod that can be done to one of the chips to isolate it against noise. I don't know much about electronics, but would like to give this mod a try. Anyone able to give a clearer explanation of whats involved and/or able to link to a site with a tutorial or explanation of something similar (with pictures)

Thanks

Reply to
tomwinto

I have a little page that was originally published by the FCC. They pulled it, so I reproduced it. Take a look and tell us which picture looks like the "noise bars" you are complaining about. Then look at what they say is the cause. It will help work out your problem. I have used several ATI TV cards with no trouble.

vey

On Aug 10, 3:09 pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote: > Hey everyone > Ive got an old ati tv tuner card which has always had a problem with > noise bars. It works perfectly fine but the noise bars have always > bothered me.( I could buy a new one but Im cheap ) Anyway, according > to this: >

Dump the analog junk and go digital. In 18 months analog TV goes away anyway.

GG

Reply to
stratus46

For the non experienced person, the work indicated is too delicate, and there is risk to damage the card. I would suggest finding someone in your area who is used to soldering on to SMD devices, and has the very fine soldering tools to do so.

If you accidentally short any pins or have any static discharge to any part of the circuit board, there is a chance you can damage components on the circuit board. Then you will have to buy a new card.

--
JANA
_____