TV SCART Guru: A challenge for you!

Hi!

I have a problem diagnosing the cause of dark picture while using RGB Scart. I will try to explain:

I have an old TV set (early '80s model) which I guess is among the first of having teletext and a scart connector. The "dark picture" problem appeared when I tried to connect a brand new DVB-T box to the TV-set using the SCART connector (RGB mode).

At first, I thought that I had a faulty box but when I tested it on a newer TV-set and it worked flawlessly (excellent picture) I realized that the problem was in the TV-set itself.

There is one important clue: In the box settings menu, I can select "RGB" or "PAL" (composite)....but that makes absolutely no difference on my old TV-set! It stays in "dark" RGB mode. But if tested on a newer TV-set, it works as supposed!

Could the logics that read the blanking pin be broken, and could that be causing the dark picture as well? Isn't my old and faithful TV-set compliant with the SCART standard?

Ideas? Suggestions? Solutions?! :-)

Andy

Reply to
Andy