TV not receiving Channel 2

Toshiba LCD TV Model 22C1004, made in Nov 2010.

This has been a great TV, with lots of extra features that other small TV's don't have. All of a sudden, channel 2.1 and 2.2 are not coming in. The signal strength indicator does even register. All other channels are fine.

First thing I did was to unplug it, reset it and the scan all the channels. All channels came back except 2.1 and 2.2.

I have a rooftop antenna with the lead going to a splitter and then to this TV and another one. Next thing I did was to swap the cable connections at each TV. So the connections and cables are eliminated as problems

Any ideas what could cause this, or hot to troubleshoot it?

Reply to
Newgene McMensa

Typos corrected...

Toshiba LCD TV Model 22C1004, made in Nov 2010.

This has been a great TV, with lots of extra features that other small TV's don't have. All of a sudden, channel 2.1 and 2.2 are not coming in. The signal strength indicator does not even register. All other channels are fine.

First thing I did was to unplug it, reset it and the scan all the channels. All channels came back except 2.1 and 2.2.

I have a rooftop antenna with the lead going to a splitter and then to this TV and another one. Next thing I did was to swap the cable connections at each TV. Toshiba still no 2.1 or 2.2. Other TV show both fine. So the connections and cables are eliminated as problems

Any ideas what could cause this, or hot to troubleshoot it?

Reply to
Newgene McMensa

** Sounds like the UHF part of the tuner in the Toshiba has failed.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

It would be helpful if the OP would give a city or zip code where they live.

Here in Chicago, the local "channel 2" I beleive is still on a vhf channel.

They are digital 2 and 2.1 but the transmitter is either on the old channel

7 or 13.

People who install those uhf only antennas find out about that the hard way.

So it's possible the vhf side of the tuner failed or the outside antenna got damaged somehow, the vhf channels would be the longer/longest elements.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

** But the OP claims he has TWO sets on the same antenna - one of which is 100% OK.

That's gotta be a set fault.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Does your neighbor still get those channels? Maybe there not transmitting. Mikek

amdx

** Wanked yourself blind ?? Rhetorical question.

Wot a dumb as dogshit poon.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

In Chicago, WBBM 2.1 and 2.2 are now duplicated on WMEU 48.3 and 48.4. That was probably done due to issues with them being on RF12 (VHF Hi) and many people using antennas that are UHF only. WMEU is a low-power Class D station, but it transmits from the Willis (Sears) tower and has pretty good range.

law!!
http://home.comcast.net/~andyross
Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

Hey Phil I think that's a new line, good on you. Ya, I missed her line, "Next thing I did was to swap the cable connections at each TV." So she has other TVs that receive channel 2.x. When a newsgroup produces so much ire in you life, why do you keep reading? Or is being pissed off all the time, just your life's excitement?

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Thanks for passing that tidbit along, you are correct.

-bruce snipped-for-privacy@ripco.com

Reply to
Bruce Esquibel

Maybe corrupted data on a user settings EEPROM.

Or if the affected channels are on a different band, they could be on a second tuner that could have died.

Reply to
Benderthe.evilrobot

Modern tuners include VHF and UHF sections in the same can and share many s ections. I've had the opposite problem with VHF working and UHF not, so if the signal is OK the tuner is suspect. It could be the signal strenght is l ow in the reception limit and one TV is better at low strenghts than the ot her.

Reply to
Jeroni Paul