Transistor identification (and substitutes) available readily in UK

Body marked as follows

FPN

4249 EBC

has blue paint dab on back. It's pretty clear what the EBC marking means.

I know it is PNP from the schematic which says type is TO203 but I don't recognise that either.

--
Dave Partridge (remove xwy from replyto email address)
Reply to

Probably a plastic ("PN4249") 2N4249. Dunno 'bout the "F".

Jonesy

--
  Marvin L Jones     | jonz         | W3DHJ  |  linux
   Pueblo, Colorado  |  @           | Jonesy |   OS/2     __

Thank you.

That was my immediate suspicion, but I don't have any specs for that - can anyone help with specs for the 2n4249 (assuming that is what it is) or can give a definitive identification?

Web search > > Body marked as follows

means.

Reply to
David C. Partridge

what sort of date ?

means.

Reply to
N Cook

Try here

Anna Daptor

Industry Number : 2N4249 NTE Device Number: NTE159 T-PNP,SI-AF PREAMP,DRIVER,TO-92

For more info, download the free NTE cross reference Version 12, located at:

Do Little2

Guessing late 70s it's in the bright-up circuit of the D85 or D75 scopes.

TR353 FWIW if you have the circuit diagram (I blew it while probing and hand slipped).

Dave

Reply to
David C. Partridge

Trouble is AFAIK NTE don't deal over here in UK.

I'm also not certain of the identification as a plastic 2n4249 :-(

It could I suppose be the Fairchild version of the PN4249 (plastic 2n4249), but not having one to hand I dunno how they are marked.

can

can

Reply to
David C. Partridge

2n4249),

The NTE 159 is a common type PNP transistor, nothing fancy. You might have one sitting around somewhere in a scrap item. See the NTE cross reference for a similar transistor. Besides, most electronic parts departments have those in stock. Ahemm even on a small island with little room to spare, like England. :-)

Good luck !

Reply to
Do Little2

hand

don't

I would suggest try a complement to 2N199(0U?)/(OU?) , used in D75 circuit as complement to your duff one,adjusting pinning if necessary. FPN.... maybe Fairchild as Telequipment tied in with Tektronix around time of D75.

N Cook

Fairchild?

-

Jim Adney

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 15:45:33 +0100, "David C. Partridge" put finger to keyboard and composed:

My old "Towers International Transistor Selector" lists the PN4249:

PNP TO92 L14 pinout (EBC) Vcb=60V Vce=60V Veb=5V Ic=100mA Tj=150C Ptot=600mW in free air ftmin=100MHz Cob=5pF hfe=100min hfe_bias=100uA use=ALN (audio, low current, low noise) manf=NAT (National Semiconductor) EUR equiv=BC204 USA equiv=2N4249

Towers attributes the PN prefix to Newmarket:

PN = Newmarket, plastic version of equivalent '2N' number

The 2N4249 is listed as having been manufactured by "FCU" which is Fairchild Semiconductor.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

That seems pretty clear identification! I'm subbing with a 2n2907A

means.

Reply to
David C. Partridge

Maybe not, but just searching "2n4249" in Yahoo, (The ONLY search engine IMHO) produced about 133 hits, many claiming specs for it. Sometimes the simplest search term is the best. You can always tweak it from there.

Reply to
Robby

Third hit of 75 when Googling 2n4249 spec

Transistors » Transistors; Bipolar; Si PNP Low-Power » Bipolar; Si PNP Low-Power Part Number 2N4249 Military/High-Rel N V(BR)CEO (V) 60 V(BR)CBO (V) 60 I(C) Max. (A) 100m Absolute Max. Power Diss. (W) 200m Maximum Operating Temp (øC) 150õ I(CBO) Max. (A) 10nØ @V(CBO) (V) (Test Condition) V(CE)sat Max. (V) @I(C) (A) (Test Condition) @I(B) (A) (Test Condition) h(FE) Min. Current gain. 100 h(FE) Max. Current gain. @I(C) (A) (Test Condition) 100u @V(CE) (V) (Test Condition) 5.0 f(T) Min. (Hz) Transition Freq 100M @I(C) (A) (Test Condition) @V(CE) (V) (Test Condition) C(obo) (Max) (F) 6.0p @V(CB) (V) (Test Condition) @Freq. (Hz) (Test Condition) Package Style TO-92 Mounting Style T Pinout Equivalence Code 3-12 Description

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre