Transciver chip that is incorrectly marked.

Our end customer is seeing failures of a intersil 82c87 Octal inverting transceiver which is behaving like a non inverting transceiver (82c86). We have opened up the component and the die is marked 82C86. The part may have been marked incorrectly,rebadged or is counterfeit. Has anyone else encountered this or can recommend a way of detecting counterfeit components?

Mark Talbot

Reply to
SHALLOWTALBY