Toshiba SD2805 DVD Problem

Hello,

I own a DVD player SD2805. I start to have problem watching DVD that I bought recently. For example, I am unable to play "The Ring two - Unrated edition" and "Star Wars 3 - Revenge of the sith", but I'm still able to play DVD like The Lord of the rings. When I tried to play them, the DVD player is telling me that there is a "Disc error". I tried these DVD in an other player and the are working just fine. When I take a look to the logos on the DVD, everything seems to be fine. So, I'm a little confuse. Is it normal that my DVD player is unable to read these new DVD's ?

Just to let you know, I start by looking this fact in the support help site and nothing is working for this problem :

Why won't it play this disc?

Check to make sure that the disc has not been placed upside down, that the disc is not dirty or scratched, and that it has been placed properly in the tray. If there is no apparent problem with the disc, check the parental lock function or change the parental lock level. Finally, try a different disc to determine if it is a software problem. Toshiba DVD players are designed to recognize and play most common DVD and audio CD's. If the DVD player does play other DVD or audio CD's, the problem is probably related to the data encoded on the disc. Please review the back of the owner's manual for the logos that appear on playable DVD Video and Compact Digital Audio Discs.

Someone have any idea ?

David

Reply to
d_begin

When players start to have trouble reading specific media, then 90% of the time, you're looking at a bad laser. If it starts getting marginal in its performance, then any disc with even slightly lower reflectivity, will give trouble.

You could try cleaning the laser's lens, very gently, with a Q-Tip and isopropyl alcohol, but I doubt that it will do you any good. DVD player lenses tend not to get dusty like CD players' ones, due to the surface air movement created by the high rotational speed of the disc. I have occasionally got a fix by cleaning, when the lens appeared "filmy", probably down to it living in a smoky atmosphere. If you're a heavy smoker, worth a try, but don't hold your breath ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily