Toshiba DR5 DVD Recorder output prob

Bought this on Ebay-unit powers up, vhf tuner passes through, and DVD will load and start OK. The unit does not display splash screen, or menu, and no output from DVD. Remote works, but with no system display, can't do much. I removed the backup battery to reset the unit, but no change. Seems the tuner might be spiked, and won't accept the board output. Any thoughts? JR

Reply to
JR North

This unit has a component video output correct? Use the composite video ca= ble to check this by inserting it into the green connector. If you see a s= ignal, it is possible that you are in progressive mode. Progressive mode i= s not viewable through the composite connector. The picture (if any) will n= ot look right, but be somewhat visable. Reset the unit to factory spec and= you may recover the picture through the composite connector.

Dan

Reply to
dansabrservices

to check this by inserting it into the green connector. If you see a signal, it is possible that you are in progressive mode. Progressive mode is not viewable through the composite connector. The picture (if any) will not look right, but be somewhat visable. Reset the unit to factory spec and you may recover the picture through the composite connector.

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"
JR North