Toshiba CF36H50 - Module H002

Having an extremely hard time finding a part number for a module for a Toshiba CF36H50. I am too cheap to go to an authorized dealer (plus they are at least 2 hours away and from what I can tell it will cost me $200 just to get it looked at). The tv is probably only worth about $100.

Basically the tv goes into some sort of screen test mode. Rotates different screen resolutions/formats/colors.

However, in service mode the tv works fine (other than no sound). I run the self diagnostic it shows the following info:

Part No: 23906358 Power: 000 Bus Line: NG Bus Cont: NG H002 Block: UV V1 QV01 QV01S

By no means am I a repair expert but I assume the Part No. is the IC chip it is running the diagnostic on and the H002 is the module indicating a fault. Problem is that H002 is only mentioned in the service mode adjustment section - it is not listed in the parts list section - nor is it on any of the board diagrams. I also cannot find the label on the board visually (I can find H001 - the tuner - but not H002). I can find the part number for other Toshiba models but not the CF36H50 - the parts distributors tell me it is probably different.

Can anyone help me on what this part might look like (so I can identify it on the main board and get the part number off it) or know of a way to determine the part number? I have contacted Toshiba and they of course were no help.

I really don't want to trash the tv since it still accepts inputs and still works in service mode.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--
flood
Reply to

Have you tried turning of the dealer demo mode using the remote control that came with the tv set yet?

Reply to
dkuhajda

I haven't tried that - may work depending if the sound works (it didn't in service mode). Is there a standard key combo on the remote to enter "dealer demo" mode? or is it manufacturer specific? I searched around google and these forums and didn't find anything specific for Toshiba - I assume it is not in the service manual.

John

--
flood
Reply to

Is there a Demo mode listed in the customer menu?

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

I put it in demo mode from the customer menu - no go. In the service manual it mentions that H002 in relation to the Attenuator and the Stereo VCO. Any chance just adjusting these values could make a difference? Nothing I can screw up by adjusting these is there?

--
flood
Reply to

That is a CF, H series Toshiba. I recall a bad 1000uf Samsung capacitor off a scan derived pwoer supply causing that same problem a long time ago. Toshiba tech support had the information as they got a hold of a bad batch of them. Check all your main Vcc voltages that are derived off the 12v scan derived line.

Reply to
dkuhajda

I am not enough of a repairman to check voltages - if it comes down to that I will just have to trash the tv. But it seems in the service manual - there are two different chassis N7S and N8ES - however only one is valid for this tv (N8ES) - seems the H002 is mentioned in the N7S chassis but not the N8ES. From what I can tell the equivalent is likely QG01 in the A/V block. There are two 2.2uF capacitors in this line that may be suspect. I assume I can use a multimeter to see if resistance builds to infinity(or a high value)?

--
flood
Reply to