toshiba CF2765K vertical deflection problem

howdy, I have a Toshiba TV model #CF2765K. It has sound and HV but no vertical deflection. I have a solid blue line 1/2+ thick in the middle with thinner lines on the top 1/2 of the screen, bottom 1/2 is dark. I have replaced the vertical IC as well as C308 & C305. I verified R308. I still have the same symptoms!! Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Gary

Reply to
Gary L. Woodruff

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 13:17:35 -0500, "Gary L. Woodruff" put finger to keyboard and composed:

IIRC, some Toshiba chassis had a small electro (1uF or 2.2uF, 50V) near the jungle IC (TA8xxx ?) go bad.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

howdy, The two caps I changed were 1.0uf and 220uf both near the vertical IC AN5221. I am not familiar with the term jungle IC! Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Gary

Franc Zabkar wrote:

Reply to
Gary L. Woodruff

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:36:43 -0500, "Gary L. Woodruff" put finger to keyboard and composed:

This thread suggests replacing C301 (1uF, 50V) as well as the two you have already changed:

AFAICT, the jungle IC is a TA8680N. I believe it's called a "jungle" because it's a one-chip-does-everything solution.

These datasheets may help:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Thanks all, I thought I had already verified C301, when I went to check it again it was bad.(I had never checked it). It was the problem, Thanks again to all that replied.

Gary

Franc Zabkar wrote:

Gary L. Woodruff