Toshiba 34-inch CH7 buzz noise

Hi all, my toshiba 34-inch CH7 make an anoying "electric" bzzz sound (like that of a transformator). I can hear it when the sound muted (or if ther's silence in the show played) or when I change channels in my cable descrambler. it gets lowder when I rise contras or change cable channels. I can even detect variation in the sound when subtitles are displayed in a movie(lowder a bit).

please help.

thanks

Reply to
orpaz

Picture in sound.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

On Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:17:21 -0700, orpaz Has Frothed:

Ok I'll be over tomorrow morning to fix it.

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Is there anything else that uses a transformer plugged into the same outlet? If not, to an outlet on the same circuit? All transformers make noise, one big plus to newer electronics which use SMPS's is that the transformers in those are designed to resonate at a frequency which is too high to hear. I recently moved a TV to share an outlet with a wall-wart powered lamp. Well, I can use either the lamp OR the TV but not both unless I want to listen to the transformer in the TV scream. It's likely an interference thing, I've heard of DVD players and/or VHS players which cause this type of interference when plugged into the same outlet as the TV. Try moving the TV to another outlet, or turning off everything in the house to isolate the source of interference.

Good luck.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Hi...

Wonder if he's not just hearing video in the sound ?

Maybe pick up a 10db pad and try it?

Take care.

Ken

Reply to