Toshiba 27AF45 TV: How to access service mode menu?

I would like to make (slight) adjustments to the horizontal width and pincushion distortion on my Toshiba TV, model 27AF45. Does anyone know if this can be done via a service mode menu? If so, how do I access the service mode.

FYI, all of my attempts to obtain a service manual for this TV from Toshiba customer service, their authorized service centers, and their authorized parts distributers resulted in them saying that no service manual was available. Surely, there must be one, no?

Thanks,

-Al

Reply to
Al Schapira

It is $50 on cdrom from tritronicsinc.com

You will need to contact them with the model number directly so they can look up the chassis series that contains the service manual. I think it may be listed along with the 27af41 but you need to make sure before you order it.

You might find that there is no horizontal or pin adjustments on that model. It is a lower end tv set in a smaller size and most 27" size tv sets no longer have any real geometry adjustments in the H direction.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Thanks. I had already called Tritronics, spoke to several different people there, and was told that not only didn't they have a service manual for the 27AF45, it didn't even have a Toshiba part number. Same story at the other parts places and repair centers. No one mentioned a CD ROM.

How would I find out whether there are such adjustments without having a service manual?

-Al

Reply to
Al Schapira

snipped-for-privacy@locl.net wrote:

Thanks. I had already called Tritronics, spoke to several different people there, and was told that not only didn't they have a service manual for the 27AF45, it didn't even have a Toshiba part number. Same story at the other parts places and repair centers. No one mentioned a CD ROM.

How would I find out whether there are such adjustments without having a service manual?

-Al

Check your email!!

Reply to
Dick

On some models like this one there is a factory modification. Are both sides of the edge of the picture having torn edges, as opposed to smooth edges? If so E-Mail me, & I'll dig out the factory mod sheet. The edges are distorted & the pic isn't quite stable. Dani.

Al Schapira wrote:

Reply to
Dani