Toaster, I thought it needed repair

But she said it makes good toast.

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

I don't know why, I just clicked and it worked for me. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Would love to see that however, it would appear that the "Down Under" Server can't handle the demand!

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Worked for me too. But hardly worth the bother. This woman apparently was trying to make tipsy toast, but applied the alcoholic spirits to the bread before putting it in the toaster. You also get similar results if you overcook a pop-tart. Here's how you should make tipsy toast and other similar culinary delights:

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

Don't know what to say, I just tried it again and all I get is the page with the intro of the movie. I see the woman sitting there looking at her flaming toaster but when you decide to watch, it just sits there and spins around "Loading" and nothing is coming in..

Oh well, most likely another tactic of my ISP.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

..

The bread isn't the only thing that was "toasted".....IMHO Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

..

Is that what happens when a 120V toaster meets 240V?

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper

Me too. He must be using Jorge's computer. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If you had read the page you would have seen that it was part of a 28 year old US TV news story about Supermarket Tabloids.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I don't think anyone said otherwise. Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Then where was he going to plug the toaster into 240 V?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

-toa...

der"

page

at

e and

of a 28

I was just eluding to the fact that you could easily rig a toaster to do this. I would use some jellied alcohol spread on the elements and then with a bit of over voltage you could probably get an explosive display like the one in the video. Nothing too technical there. Lenny

Reply to
captainvideo462002

Just replace the line cord:

Nobody likes waiting for toast.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Basic kitchen tools include a hammer, some pliers, and a propane blowtorch.

jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom laser drivers and controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links

That's nothing - there's a woman in Rome that has a blender that blows its top off and the spew writes "Jesus Saves" on the ceiling.:-) Tom

Reply to
hifi-tek

I haven't even plugged in the taster in 25 years. It's sitting under the counter with a coffee maker I've never used.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Are you going to aruge with a machine with sharp, high speed blades?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

When they heard the voices from it it's probably RFI. Toaster elements could act as rudimentary receivers if the signal was strong enough.