To Simoc...

How did I top post?? We have no newsgroup server here, just Google. Please explain? Nobody else has complained, & I post all over the world.

Reply to
Dani

How did I top post?? We have no newsgroup server here, just Google. And it's terrible...can't see all posts, & can't tell sometimes if a post goes out. Please explain? Nobody else has complained, & I post all over the world.

Reply to
Dani

How did I top post?? We have no newsgroup server here, just Google. And it's terrible...can't see all posts, & can't tell sometimes if a post goes out. Please explain? Nobody else has complained, & I post all over the world.

Reply to
Dani

Figures.

--

*Did you ever notice when you blow in a dog's face he gets mad at you? *

Dave Plowman snipped-for-privacy@davenoise.co.uk London SW To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Eh! Rogers Cable "don't" supply newsgroups? Sheez!

Whatever next ;-)

-- Adrian C

Reply to
Adrian C

Rogers Cable dropped newsgroups last year.

Dani wrote:

Reply to
Dani

Don't worry about it. Some people are too stupid to remember what they've read just minutes ago and like to review every detail of a newsgroup topic, in chronological order. And some of them are so anal that they evangelize their preference like it's a religion.

The rest of us prefer to read > How did I top post?? We have no newsgroup server here, just Google.

Reply to
Mike Berger

Ayup. I wish Google would f*ck off. That'd kill 90% of the idiots and 95% of the spam.

Reply to
JW

Top-posting means that you write your reply _above_ your quoted text. Just like Mike Berger did in this thread without valid arguments. It's his madness, not mine nor yours. So please write your reply _below_ the quoted text, like I did. It's the correct way, and called bottom-posting.

So just think:

A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing in the newsgroups?

Correct way:

Q: What is the correct way? A: Bottom-posting.

In other words, think you probably didn't write your answers above the questions in exams in school. Not more complicated :-) I see some newbies don't know that, and moreover some programs have the cursor in the beginning of the text field (where the quote will be automatically) as default, and then those newbies just write there :-(

Reply to
Simoc

x-) Actually I didn't quote at all when I sent that message, but I bottom-posted when I sent my first complaining message, And now, too :-)

Reply to
Simoc

NOT!!! Never quote anything you don't think anyone wanting to see. Quote is never for that if someone doesn't remember - if someone forgets, he can re-read the message. The quote is for pointing _for what_ the reply is, and should only be included if it'd be unclear otherwise. And when so, you MUST read it before the message, to know for what is it. And when you think that it is clear without reading quote, don't quote at all, even below your own text.

You think it'd be fine when you just move the quote to the end of your text, so you'll see the new message immediately. But you're wrong, as then you're just sweeping the dust under a carpet. Quote, if present, must be always be read before the message, as I said, so first you must read at down and then at up. So please remove every unnecessary quote.

It's MORE important than a religion.

Much-repeated? Can't get the point, as if quoted correctly, there will be few lines or no text before the reply. Although you're right that unnecessary repeating is disgusting, too.

Reply to
Simoc

Stop whining.. Who made you the almighty moderator?

Reply to
Michael Kennedy

Who made you? And allowed to whine about "whining"? I'm just doing good for everyone. For you, too.

You can go and drive wrong side of road and you are expecting that noone will whine??

Reply to
Simoc

It looks like you have an account with Rogers Cable Inc in Canada, and they provide access through Giganews:

tells you haw to access their news server.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Rogers dropped newsgroups last November. That faq you point to has a date of earlier than that. They may have some arrangement, but I suspect not.

But it doesn't address the real issue, that the original poster hasn't a clue how to quote using google, and to make sure that he realizes he isn't posting to "google groups" but posting to Usenet via google.

But I am tired of this cluelessness, so I'm not going to bother.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

There are lots of free news servers, if someone wants to spend a little time tracking them down:

along with a lot of web pages that have long lists of free news servers.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

why u get mixed up with us canadians. Rogers dropped newsgroups in November. My guess is they could not handle the load on their cable network structure. Anyway there is nntpp.aioe.org as a server (that allows posting) that I use as a rogers cable subscriber.

Reply to
Ryan Weihl