Tektronix 7623 sweep problem

Hello, I have recently acquired a Tektronix 7623 with 7B53A time base. I've made several repairs on the unit and have it almost fully functioning. The last major issue relates to the sweep speed and I'm not sure how to describe the symptom or what could cause it. Any sweep speed from 0.5ms/div and faster seems to work properly, but above that my sweep range is cut in half for each increment. So 1ms/div only displays on the left half of the crt, 2ms/div only displays in the left most edge of the screen and so on. I have taken some (quite blurry) pictures of the issue and posted them on

if anyone is able to give me advice I would greatly appreciate it. I have the same issue with both vertical amps (which appear to be functioning properly). Thanks -Bob

Reply to
desinc

On Thu, 14 May 2009 12:19:20 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

Just a WAG, but could there be a DC offset in the time base amp before the selector switch which is being amplified by the following stages?

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar