Tektronix 2445b with problem

I have a problem with my 2445b, when that powers up and stops at the "add" button when doing the initial tests. Has anybody had the same problem an d fix it?

Reply to
Bestmimo

BAMA has the manual for download. ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/tek/2445/

I didn't see your problem in a quick skim of the troubleshooting section, but you might be able to get more info from the diagnostics.

Reply to
Shawn D'Alimonte

Shawn D'Alimonte wrote in news:qrTAl.181453$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.iad:

Perhaps a stuck front panel switch or button. That's one of the startup tests. the lit front panel lights make up a trouble code that is described in the Maintenance Section.

BAMA now wants a password to download,but their mirror site doesn't.

BTW,the Dallas NVRAM IC is right at the 10 yr age limit in the IC data sheets,so loss of calibration data is possible.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Not exactly. When I try it via FTP, I get asked for a password. However, the error message when I hit cancel results in:

530 The maximum number of anonymous FTP users (10) are already connected... try back in a few minutes.

I can't tell if this is an intentional new policy or a misconfigured ftp server. I'll guess(tm) the latter.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Neither. They've had this policy and practice for as long as I can remember using BAMA.

Either try back later when they're less heavily loaded, or use the edebris mirror.

Dave Platt

The message is 100% correct, just try later. Not a configuration error, the site wishes to limit the max number of users, that's all!

The mirror site(s) don't seem to be as limited, try them.

Reply to
PeterD

Both BAMA sites are on donated space. The original is only allowed

10 simultaneous users, but the other server allows a lot more connections.
--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Reply to

Thanks. I've used the original BAMA site a few times over the years and have never seen the user limit message, until yesterday. Luck and my perfect timing as usual. Thanks.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Hi, how I can tell, when I put on the oscilloscope, the traces come on like a flash, and it start the test, put it can=B4t finish the test because it=B4s stop! And it=B4s stop at the add button. What I need to certificate?

Bests regards

Reply to
Bestmimo

Verify that the unit is not in single shot mode.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Jeff Liebermann wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I downloaded a 2465B manual a few weeks ago from BAMA,had no problem,then the other day I got the password crap.The mirror site worked fine.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

"Jon Danniken" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net:

do you get any CRT display? Like "Fail Test 04-11" on the Readout line? or no display at all?

it's going into startup diagnostic test,then stops. could be a stuck front panel button or switch,or a hardware problem.(on the A5 microprocessor board.)Probably a hardware problem. the front panel LEDs light to give a preliminary error code. the manual Maintenance Section(Sec.6) has the info for this.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

What's the URL for the mirror site?

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

And another motherboard bites the dust!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'll bet you were using Internet Explorer. IE has trouble with FTP access on some servers and has been reported multiple times for the main BAMA site.

--
And another motherboard bites the dust!
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Thanks!

-- W . | ,. w , "Some people are alive only because \\|/ \\|/ it is illegal to kill them." Perna condita delenda est

Bob Larter

You're welcome. He has a lot of good information on the two sites.