tek part substitution reference

Is there a site on the web that cross reference the tektronics part numbers to an equivalent industry standard part number?

I have a tek 465 scope that I am trying to get up and running. It's got no horizontal sweep and just a dot in the middle of the toob

73 Bob N9NEO
Reply to
yzordderrex

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

First thing is to buy a SERVICE manual,with schematics and parts lists. Second is to READ the circuit description,to know how the trigger and sweep circuits work. Third is to have another scope to troubleshoot before you begin swapping parts.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Thanks for the condescending attitude (and useless information) there Jim.

I have a service manual. I've read the portions that I believe cover the problem. I ordered a 20Mhz scope today as a backup and to fix the Tek.

So if you got a web page that might have a cross to the Tek part numbers found in the SERVICE MANUAL then post it. Otherwise please try to be a little more polite. Sorry for the tone, but I pluck chickens for 8 hours a day. I just like to enjoy my radio hobby after hours.

regards, Bob

Reply to
yzordderrex

So YOU'RE the reason I bit down on that calumus in my storebought rotisserie bird! :P

nah.. no feather bits yet (that I know of), but I sure do get plenty of BONES in my food for some reason, no matter who prepares it or how. I think it's a conspiracy! argh!

Reply to
Ray L. Volts

snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

The FIRST item on a Google serch for "tek part number cross reference";

Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net
Reply to
Jim Yanik

Jim,

I tried a few different serch terms on my msn home page with no luck. No wonder I hear google it all the time. New 20Mhz scope should arrive next week. With your help getting cross reference I hope to get Tek working in short order. Or else turn it into a parts rig in no time flat.

73 Bob
Reply to
yzordderrex

Try here:

or

Time for me to scan in my Tek stuff.

--
Steven D. Swift, novatech@eskimo.com, http://www.novatech-instr.com
NOVATECH INSTRUMENTS, INC.      P.O. Box 55997