Technics RS-TR373 cassette deck problem

G'day,

I can't seem to find anywhere online what to do about a Technics RS-TR373 cassette deck that in the last day or so it's decided to misbehave. This is a dual deck machine with auto reverse, dolby etc etc.

Deck A has decided it won't play tapes anymore. I load a tape in and all's fine, but hit the play button, and all it does is click for a couple of seconds (like it's trying to start playing), and then stop. Fast forward and rewind buttons have the same result, and trying to play the tape back in the other direction has the same result.

Deck B however is fine - plays a tape and fast winds like it normally would.

Is this just a belt problem that can be solved by simply opening the unit up and putting the belt back into place, or is it a bit more advanced than this? The deck has been running just fine until this problem struck.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

It might be a problem with a belt, but the solution would be to replace the belt, as simply putting it back on it's pulley or whatever would only work a short time, if at all. It's likely that the same belt on the other deck would be in similar shape, also that all the belts should be replaced if the one is bad.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias