TECH: Reversing image on NEC FP912SB?

Hello,

I have an NEC FP912SB 19" PC monitor that I need to use in a mirrored envrionment. The plan was to mirror the displayed image by flipping the horizontal yoke wires. After taking it apart, it looks like it has

3 pairs of wires dealing with the yoke, as opposed to the 2 pairs that I'm used to seeing in older CRT monitors. I can't find much documentation on this monitor. Does anybody know what modifications I would need to make to mirror the image that is displayed on the screen?

Thanks!

-Steve

Reply to
ataritoobin

hopefully there should be continuity in pairs on these wires, If so you could swap one pair at a time... not a very precise answer, but should git er done.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I think it will be easier to use the mirroring facility of the graphic card. ATI and Nvidia drivers have a rotate fonction that allows mirroring. (180 ° rotation)

Olivier

Reply to
OGT

rd.

=B0

That would also upside down it of course. You could always stand the viewers on their heads.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

See if there is a mirror feature or program available for your display card. If not, look in to upgrading the card for one that can do what you want.

As for reversing the wires to the deflection yoke, if you make a mismatch, there may be damage to the scan amplifier. Also, when reversing the yoke wires, most likely the complete convergence alignment of the monitor will have to be re-done.

--

JANA _____

I have an NEC FP912SB 19" PC monitor that I need to use in a mirrored envrionment. The plan was to mirror the displayed image by flipping the horizontal yoke wires. After taking it apart, it looks like it has

3 pairs of wires dealing with the yoke, as opposed to the 2 pairs that I'm used to seeing in older CRT monitors. I can't find much documentation on this monitor. Does anybody know what modifications I would need to make to mirror the image that is displayed on the screen?

Thanks!

-Steve

Reply to
JANA