Tech: Problem with Pioneer Elite file type cd player

I know these are bitch to work on. Not really my forte. I bought this on eb ay a few years ago. It worked great, looks brand new and has the original b ox and packing. I let sit a while and went to resell it. When I tested it, the door to access the carousel opens and then closes immediately. After a few tries it will stay open and I can load it and it plays great. Let it si t some more and now the LED display is fluctuating and all segments are lig hting and are wavy. Before I throw it on ebay for parts, can somebody give me any hints on what's wrong with it or anyone care to make an offer on it. It's a beautiful unit in near mint condition. It's a PD-F19 with the rosew ood sides and Urushi finish. Original box,packig, remote and manual too.

Rich

Reply to
Rich Haak

ebay a few years ago. It worked great, looks brand new and has the original box and packing. I let sit a while and went to resell it. When I tested it , the door to access the carousel opens and then closes immediately. After a few tries it will stay open and I can load it and it plays great. Let it sit some more and now the LED display is fluctuating and all segments are l ighting and are wavy. Before I throw it on ebay for parts, can somebody giv e me any hints on what's wrong with it or anyone care to make an offer on i t. It's a beautiful unit in near mint condition. It's a PD-F19 with the ros ewood sides and Urushi finish. Original box,packing, remote and manual too.

What do you want for it - besides one of us to repair it?

Reply to
stratus46

Typical power supply issues and this unit needs a replacement loading belt. Perhaps a good overhaul is all that is required. I've done many of these over the years. These are solid units with few problems other than age. Nothing a good maintenance effort can't cure.

Dan

Reply to
dansabrservices

n ebay a few years ago. It worked great, looks brand new and has the origin al box and packing. I let sit a while and went to resell it. When I tested it, the door to access the carousel opens and then closes immediately. Afte r a few tries it will stay open and I can load it and it plays great. Let i t sit some more and now the LED display is fluctuating and all segments are lighting and are wavy. Before I throw it on ebay for parts, can somebody g ive me any hints on what's wrong with it or anyone care to make an offer on it. It's a beautiful unit in near mint condition. It's a PD-F19 with the r osewood sides and Urushi finish. Original box,packing, remote and manual to o.

I was going to put it on epay for $149. I don't have the time to work on it and obviously no time to use it. Besides, all of my music is on my ipod no w. I don't even own enough cd's to fill it.

Reply to
Rich Haak

on ebay a few years ago. It worked great, looks brand new and has the orig inal box and packing. I let sit a while and went to resell it. When I teste d it, the door to access the carousel opens and then closes immediately. Af ter a few tries it will stay open and I can load it and it plays great. Let it sit some more and now the LED display is fluctuating and all segments a re lighting and are wavy. Before I throw it on ebay for parts, can somebody give me any hints on what's wrong with it or anyone care to make an offer on it. It's a beautiful unit in near mint condition. It's a PD-F19 with the rosewood sides and Urushi finish. Original box,packing, remote and manual too.

it and obviously no time to use it. Besides, all of my music is on my ipod now. I don't even own enough cd's to fill it.

Still looking to sell, any interest? Have box, packing, remote and manual. Near mint cosmetically. $149

Reply to
Rich Haak