TECH: any good alternatives to replace a c3688?

Hi, just stumbled across this group.. Looks like good stuff! Topic says it all. I would rather stay away from the nte cross reference. Thanks! Regards, Chad.

Wish-Bringer (Chad Entringer)

Chad: Nothing usually wrong with genuine NTE replacements, it is the cheap NTE "type" replacements that are usually the problem. HOWEVER Why are you looking for "alternatives"?? .... have you done a google search for the real thing?? ....why don't you just purchase a real

2sc3688, available from most good suppliers like MCM, Tritronics, etc; they are usually a little cheaper than the genuine NTE replacements.

MCM

2SC3688 SANYO TRANSISTOR TO-3PB 1500V 10A 150W Current: In Stock (251 available) 1+ $8.79

electrictym . .

Reply to
electricitym

Hello, I thank you for your suggestions. I was looking at the NT 2354 for possibility. I have heard of mcm. I didn't bother checking with them. I figured if mouser or jameco didn't stock it, they wouldn't. I now added them to my vendor list thank you! So is there some give away to look for to spot a cheap nte? I thought all net's were unique... that you couldnt get cheap ones or good ones. Regards, Chad.

Reply to
Wish-Bringer (Chad Entringer)