TEAC V 80AB F 8MM Videocassette Tape Recorder Military Avionics Aircraft Mission Flight Recorder AVTR

Hi, I've been looking for service literature, a service manual, parts lists or any other technical info for the Teac V-80AB-F Airborne Video Recorder. Similar updated units are the V-82AB-F and V-83AB-F.

I have found product info, as far as the selling features and performance specs from the Teac website.

These are ruggedized military VCRs for some U.S. helicopters and fighter planes, and had been fitted into a lot of global aircraft that were manufactured in the U.S. It seems that there were quite a few of the V-80AB-f units in service at the time of Desert Storm, and since then.

It's possible that some were in use in NASA applications, and various types of flight/training simulators. Teac suggested in their literature that they would be suitable for law enforcement, Customs and other uses requiring a rugged recorder.

I'd appreciate hearing from anyone that might know where I could obtain a service manual for these units, which are listed below

Recorder, Video Federal Supply Class 5836 National Item ID Number NSN

5836-01-381-8813 01-381-8813 50356 (Vendor number maybe) Teac America Inc V-80AB-F-NTSC

NSN 7R-5836-01-381-8813-AH or

7R-5836-013818813-ah OR 7RH 5836 01-381-8813

Mating connector sets VW/V80 or V-W-V-80 OR V-W-V83

Remote control units VS-80G or VS-80RCH

Control interface Manual, discrete and RS-422

Power connector 6-pin Bendix PT02E-10-6P Control connector 32-pin Bendix PT02E-18-32P Power 28 VDC unregulated 15W (45W with heater)

These are basically an 8mm VCR in a rugged case (approx 6" cube) with external control and signal connections thru the 32-pin connector.

wb(underscore)wildbill at yahoo.com

--
Cheers,
WB

Wow, I thought you disappeared a long time ago. I remember you were a regular poster on this NG back in the late 90's. Glad to see you are still out there tackling repairs. We are a dying breed.

Reply to
Circuit

Yes "Cir", you're correct regarding the late 90s chronology, and also the general overall lack of interest in repairs.

Reply to
Wild_Bill