TDS 220 Backlight Question

We have a TDS 220, S/N B070664, with a very dim backlight. It seems stable, just very dim. The inverter measures 201VAC w/ the backlight connected, 205V without. Is it safe to assume the tube is bad? Tektronix charges $73.00 for the part now, as they no longer sell only the tube (P/N 119-5585-00), it apparently now comes with the whole plastic assembly (P/N 199-4991-11). Is there anywhere to still buy just the tube? It lists the Mfr p/n for the tube as LM0F2964, MFG is LF2569 (Sharp Corporation). Thanks for all help,

Steve

Reply to
sck0006

Just speculating, but it may be that the assembly is an overall upgraded backlight. The TDS220 I have at home still works beautifully but one at (a prior) lab that I used was quite dim from the start.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

Probably the tube. There's lots of places that sell CCFL tubes in various sizes and color temperatures, they're cheap. Just look up LCD backlight replacement.

Reply to
James Sweet

Here's one that keeps quite a range. Might be worth giving them a call to see if they can cross ref your type number

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

I think you might be right. I bought a new tube from the local shop, just a generic tube of the same dimentions, and it's the same brightness. Looks like it just might be a dim unit.

Thaks for all the replies, Steve

Reply to
sck0006