Sylvania (Funai) TV 6420FE Goes Off Right After Turned On

Hi,

I have a Sylvania (Funai) TV model 6420FE (mfg 01/05) in my shop. Note: I do not have a SM for this set.

The TV goes off about a second after it is turned on. There is HV and the regulated B+ goes to +115V at turn on. There is vertical deflection based on the "buzz" sound I "picked up" near the yoke. Anyone fix one of these with the same symptom?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

In data Mon, 19 Jun 2006 22:25:03 +0200, Brad ha scritto:

Try to remove the HOT and connect a 60 Watt 240V or two 60 Watt 120V lamps in series one wire where was the collector, and the other wire at the ground.

--
Inty.Evolution
intiglietta@email.it -> per email normali e con immagini Jpeg

Hi,

I used (did this many times in the past) an adjustable 250 ohm 200W industrial type resistor as a load with H.O.T. out of circuit, but the results are still the same. Reg B+ goes to +115V at turn on for about a second, then the Reg B+ drops back to the standby level (around 50 volts).

Brad

Reply to
Brad