switching a multi effect unit

Hey all;

I'm thinking of building a remote switching system for a rack mount multi effects unit (for guitar). Most have a bypass footwsitch input on them, and I know for channel switching on most guitar amps it's just a simple connect-to-ground kind of thing. Does anyone know if it's the same thing on these effects units? Obviously, I know that they aren't all going to be the same, but I was wondering if anyone has had some experience with them that might be able to clue me in. All I need to do is bypass the unit, nothing fancy like patch changes, etc.

Thanks

Reply to
tempus fugit

What is the model number of the effects unit?

Reply to
Max

Hi max;

Thanks for the reply. I found an owner's manual for a Lexicon MPX100, and it appears that the bypass jack (for a remote momentary contact footswitch) is a toggle function (i.e., stomping the pedal once turns it bypasses the unit, and stomping it again un-bypasses it). I have a feeling that that is how most of them would work.

I appear to have answered my own question in this case, but it you have anything to add I'd be glad to hear it.

Thanks again.

Reply to
tempus fugit