Sunbeam-Oster Model 5821 Breadmaker - loud squeak when kneading

I have a 4 year old Sunbeam-Oster Model 5821 Breadmaker. Works great except just recently the motor section has begun squeaking quite loudly when the motor arm beneath the brean pad is turning (ie when the dough is being stirred). It is not a problem with the bread pan paddle or the bread pan shaft. It is internal within the motor area.

I am reasonably mechanically inclined so I have no problems taking it apart. It seems to me I will have to grease something or other when I find out where the system is squeaking and that it will obviously require some sort of high temperature grease.

Any one have any other ideas or suggestions on what type of grease/oil to use?

Larry

Reply to
lagagnon

Try olive oil or cooking oil for starters, in case it comes in contat with the food.

Reply to
hrhofmann