STR DE845 Analog input problems

Hey all,

I have a unit I'm troubleshooting and have come to a point where I need a little help. I think I have it narrowed down to two IC's on the mainboard...IC303 or IC301 input selector. Basically, analog inputs for CD,TUNER, PHONO, TAPE, VIDEO 3, and MD are on IC301, which is playing through the left channel only and output is slightly garbled. On IC 303, which is the one for TV, DVD, Video 1 and VIdeo 2, the out put is on both channels, but can only be heard with the volume turned all the way up and also if the input is on video 1 (or any other one for that matter), you can switch to any of the other inputs and still hear the sound from video 1 (barely). All voltages are present and all related components test good. Using any of the digital inputs work great. Am I on the right track? I guess I could replace both and see what happens. Thanks,

Alex

Reply to
427Cobraman

Found 14VDC on all inputs on IC 303 and replaced. Thanks, Alex

427Cobraman wrote:
Reply to
427Cobraman