Still need these tubes for my drug store tube tester

Way to go!!! Brings back lots of memories from my early years... I stood in front of those testers many tiimes, running through the charts and twisting the knobs. Bought lots of tubes out of them too. Mostly for friends' TVs, but also quite a few hi-fi and radio sets.

BTW, help me remember; were the tube prices stamped on the boxes or were they on a price list accompanying the tester?

Dave M

Reply to
Dave M

I've got a few price list pamphlets, the ones I have were for dealer use. I've never seen prices stamped on tube boxes so I imagine the retail price lists were available at the testers.

Here's a link to my Flickr site with some additional pictures of the tester.

Terry

Reply to
Terry Schwartz

Well done sir. Glad I was able to help a little bit.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0

Congratulations! Couldn't help, but I admire them what did!

--
Cheers, Bev
"Parasites plus suckers do not add up to a community."

Absolutely great job!!! It looks brand new! A museum piece, for sure!

Dave M

Reply to
Dave M

Impressive! If they ever make another 'back to the future' movie maybe you can get this into a scene.

Reply to
Mike S

Here is the original rec.antiques.radio+phono thread documenting the restoration:

$2Bphono/seco%7Csort:date/rec.antiques.radio+phono/GmdPyPbt5xo/7GTrtfgTAwAJ

Reading that should help explain some of the extra photos in the Flickr album.

Terr

Reply to
Terry Schwartz