Source for 2.5mm Right Angle TRRS 4 Pole Plugs

I've been attempting to locate some replacement/repair type 2.5mm right angle/90 degree plugs and haven't found a supplier.

I'd settle for pre-wired 4 conductor cables with molded R-A plugs if I could find something of decent quality. The plugs are needed to make a cable for audio, video, +5V and ground (the A/V grounds are common).

I may end up needing to take straight plugs and discard the cover/strain relief, and form a R-A body from epoxy.. but basically no longer repairable.

It's one of those aspects of small miniturized devices having straight plugs sticking out of them like antlers, defeating the compactness and inviting damaged internal cable jacks.

Thanks

--
Cheers,
WB

, but reading a few of the reviews suggests that there are only 3 wires in the cable (to support the TRS jack), so it may not work for your application.

There are extension cables that apparently have a right angle connector available on Ebay:

Standard disclaimers apply; I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Thanks, Matt.. very much appreciated. The second one looks to be a better cable than the ones I was seeing. It's also likely to be better quality from Korea. A longer cable like this one (5 ft) is precisely what's needed, although I forgot to mention the desired length.

--
Cheers,
WB
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Wild_Bill

I purchased 2-4 pieces of several different versions with right-angle plugs from the supplier in Korea and hopefully they'll be fairly easy to modify for my AV plus power leads.

--
Cheers,
WB
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Wild_Bill

Hope it works out!

When I have made splitter or adapter cables like this in the past, I have used a 35 mm film canister as the "lump" in the middle where one cable breaks into several. This gives plenty of room for splicing.

These days I am a little bit better at soldering, plus I don't know where to get 35 mm film canisters anymore, so I would probably use something smaller.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

For low voltage mini cables I'm using rounded, small pieces of sheet plastic with hot melt glue sandwiched together to form a sealed junction block of sorts. An inline flat oval shape rarely snags on anything and reinforces the the cable strength.

A box-like cover can be constructed with 3 shaped pieces of flat plastic, and carving out a hole and cable entry/exits in the center layer (rotary tool, Dremel, mini mill or engraving machine). When glued together the sections form a durable, sealed cover for the junction. Shielding could be fairly easily included if needed.

Epoxy putty can be used, the kind that comes as a 2-part log, which a slice is removed and mashed/kneaded/mixed until it's a uniform color, then shaped around the junction. These epoxy products have a typical set-up time of 5 minutes although some are quicker.