Sound on hdmi output video card

I am looking for a video card with hdmi output which allows me to run the sound out along with the hdmi cable. I prefer Nvidia but I will take anything. The cards I have require separate video and sound cables.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Reply to
root

On Nov 5, 10:59=A0am, root wrote: > I am looking for a video card with hdmi output > which allows me to run the sound out along with > the hdmi cable. I prefer Nvidia but I will take > anything. The cards I have require separate > video and sound cables. >

Possibly ATI as well The embedded ATI chips on my Gigabyte boards will embed the audio in the data stream but ISTR there is a boot sequence that complicates things. The Magnavox TV had to be on and have the video input selected before the PC turned on so that the 2 boxes did their 'handshake' and enabled the audio. I have not tried embedded audio with the newer LG set. Since the PC turns itself on every night for recording regardless of the TV status, I found it easier and fool proof to run the audio analog.

G=B2

Reply to
stratus46