SOT89-3 regulator

I'm searching for the datasheet of a component which I think is a voltage regulator and is from a 2 batery powered cd player which has several such components and which reference code as printed on is "GY139" and which photo is here :

Another similar component on the same board is marked "KY139". I have not been able to find anything with these part numbers.

Reply to
jethro tull

See the PDF here:

This is for a 2SD2403 which has the code GY.

The KY appears to be either a 2SK211 or 2SK811 from what I can find.

Dan

Reply to
dansabrservices

I went to this SMD code page.

I paged down to GY, it shows 2SC2882Y in case style SC62. If you search SC62 or better SC-62, you get

Does that match your part dimensions and make sense that it would be an npn gp amp hfe 160-320?

I think gp is for general purpose.

Mikek

If that doesn't look right, get confused and look here,

Reply to
amdx

The 2SC2882Y differs quite a lot from the 2SD2403 given by Dan previously, though junction type and the hFE given seems fine. The one I have I'm not sure it is in good condition, which is why I would like to change it, is showing ~ 260 with my cheap meter.

alltransistors.com says 2SD2003 for "GY" as keyword, so I need some confirmation. Also I'm searching for the meaning of the "139" marked on my device.

Reply to
jethro tull

typo: 2SD2403, not 2SD2003

The datasheet of the 2SC2882Y/O from toshiba is as old as april 1997 which means the device is even older, while the 2SD2403's from nec is marked april

2002. The cd player I'm trying to repair is from 2001, so the 2SD2403 might be the most appropriate.
Reply to
jethro tull