Sony Wega KD-36XS955

I am having some problems with this 36" tv. Sometimes it will turn on and sometimes it won`t. I had it on all day last Sunday and shut it off and the next day it would not turn on. It will make the usual clicking noises from the relays and the standby light blinks, but thats it. I checked other post on here and they say to replace the IC . I opened up the tv and found 3 IC in it. 2 that say

SHINDENGEN MCZ3001DB B00446 those are on the left side

and 1 on the right that says SHINDENGEN MCZ3001DB B04047

Which 1 do i change? Or do i change them all?

Thanks, PEANUT

Reply to
MR.PEANUT

Firstly, be carefull if you are not familiar with electronics, it's dangerous to work on this stuff! What led code do you have? A constant flash while in "startup mode" is normal, but at failure you will get an led flash like one blink, a pause, then a five blink...code 15. Or six blinks over & over...meaning code six. Best way to repair, is to replace all three MCZ3001DB IC's with original, although, only one or two MAY be bad. High failure rate, using the MCZ3001 without the DB in the end, will LIKELY end in failure. Flyback transformers are common in Sony too. The code helps narrow it down greatly. Hope this is helpfull.

Reply to
Dani

Hey Mr.Peanut, Hope all is well. I am having the identical problem. Any luck on the IC solution?

Electronics Enthusiasts' Community of the Net Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - sci.electronics.repair - 33031 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
Videoguy

I'd start by checking for cracked solder joints, especially around the line and power stages, very common problem in Sonys.

***Please observe the safety guidelines and see the FAQ at www.repairfaq.or= g.** B