Sony "Walkman" TV FD-270

Hi,

I have a Sony "Walkman" TV (b&w) model FD-270, mfg around 1988, in my shop for service. Screen lights up, but I can't see a picture ("washed out"). I tried to buy a SM for it, but the dealer said that the SM is no longer available.

Do you know where I can get the schematic?

Thanks in advance, Brad

Before you type your password, credit card number, etc., be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.

Reply to
Brad

Found a parts list of the most common ordered parts - you may want to see if the ceramic filters do the trick. The Svc manual seems to be in stock at Sony. Call 1800-488-SONY, use the part number shown below.

VOLUME CONTROL 123093911

JACK EARPHONE 150797411

CERAMIC FILTER 156751311

CERAMIC FILTER 156793711

SWITCH 157005611

VOLUME CONTROL KNOB 334271101

POWER KNOB 334271201

OWNERS MANUAL 376956921

SERVICE MANUAL 995301211

CASE BATT A3803188A

AC/DC ADAPTOR ACD2L

CAR ADAPTOR DCC70

Reply to
Techforce

Check for any leaking electrolytic capacitors. The compact caps used in devices like this from the late 80's and early 90's had a tendency to leak. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe