Sony Walkman Professional WM D6C - motor too fast

I have a little-used Sony Walkman Professional WM D6C

I inadvertently reversed the polarity on the power supply mini-plug (not the Sony original - the PSU that I used has a variety of mini-plugs which can be configured negative or positive on the central pin).

The mechanism is now running far too fast - playback, rewind and fast-forward.

It is too fast even when using batteries.

Can anyone help please

Regards

D L

Reply to
David Lister

The motor servo control circuit has something blown in it. This would not be easy for you to service yourself, unless you are experienced in this type of troubleshooting, and can work with SMD technology. Your best bet is to give it out to a Sony authorized service rep, or a place that is capable to service your unit. Take consideration that the repair will not be low cost.

--

JANA _____

I inadvertently reversed the polarity on the power supply mini-plug (not the Sony original - the PSU that I used has a variety of mini-plugs which can be configured negative or positive on the central pin).

The mechanism is now running far too fast - playback, rewind and fast-forward.

It is too fast even when using batteries.

Can anyone help please

Regards

D L

Reply to