SONY TC-FX220 cassette deck, record mechanism

Hi,

I recently found this deck in a skip and after a belt change ti works well. However, someone has been there before me and dismantled the leverages/ linkages which activate the rec-pb mode slider switch. I have one piece which was just randomly screwed onto the mech when I found it (see final pic) and I think this is the main problem - I need to reattach it properly.

pix:

Deck front:

Mech:

Rod from main mech cam linked to loose moving metal parts which don't appear to connect to anything :

The same metal parts, hanging loose:

another position of this loose metal part :

Piece as-found incorrectly screwed down >:

.....anyone by chance have an exploded view or service manual?

many thanks!

-B

There is a hooked linkage like that, same holes and angles in the exploded view of the TC FX330 - if nothing emerged by Sunday I'll scan it in

N_Cook

front view of 220 and 330 same layout

Reply to
N_Cook

thanks. I have searched eserviceinfo for the 330 and nothing, fingers crossed... cheers, B

On Fri, 27 Nov 2009 06:00:48 -0800 (PST), b put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have a TC-FX2 deck. Its mechanism is also "logic" driven, but is not DC servo controlled. The front looks quite different.

I can photograph the insides if you think it might help.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Might this help?

Yup, someone is also messing about. BTW the image came from this page.

Practise your russian.

:-)

--
Adrian C
Reply to

Thanks to Adrian and Franc. I now have a rough idea from the rusian pic as to where the bracket which links the rec-pb switches to the deck itself should go. The firefox translator rmade a pretty good job of the site, it was a guy who modded his TC-FX220 and made a 'media centre'.

I'm not sure if there is a piece missing where that bracket connects, will try it now and see. I may yet take you up on your kind offer of a pic, Franc, if it does not work out....

-B

Is there this number TCM-C90F30B on the deck anywhere? exploded views

N_Cook

Many thanks. this is the same mech. couldn't find a number though. I now have it assembled after a fashion, there is a brass spacer missing from mine where the bracket meets the deck mech, but using a slightly longer screw seemed to do it. I will test it a whiole and see.

thanks again for taking the time to scan that, much appreciated!

-B.