Sony PS-LX510

Is there anyone who might be familar w/ this turntable? Problem w/ sticking linear tracking tonearm. I cleaned the dust & dirt off the rail but may need to lube it. What do I use? Also, a source needed for the little tonearm drive belt. Sony, of course, has discontinued it!

Reply to
Madness

The 520 repair manual doesn't seem to mention lubrication

N_Cook

Lithium grease (white) for lube. A friend of mine has a source for replacement belts. I will track it down and post it.

Do you have a good source for P-mount cartridges?

Reply to
UCLAN

if this is similar to other linear decks I've worked on, you will indeed need to replace the small belt (s) responsible for moving the arm itself. My local parts dealer gets this kind of thing from Molgar or k=F6nig. CPC and charles hyde in the Uk may also be sources.

-B.

Sorry to not return as I was sick. But, yes, if you can find the belt, I'd much appreciate it! As for cartridges, this unit came w/ the original Sony VL-45G & I bought some new styli from eBay.

Reply to
Madness

Above mentioned friend is in New Zealand until mid or late February. I sent him email, but he said his reference book is at his house and he won't be able to check it out until he returns. Sorry. He said in the meantime try

or better yet, try:

which lists:

Sony PS-LX510 turntable tonearm belt replacement $12.90

Good luck!

Reply to
UCLAN

Quite a bit of dough for a little rubber band! But I'll check it out. Thanks!

Reply to
Madness

I had forgotten that I had some leftovers from a belt kit, that I got several years ago, for re-belting a Sony SL-5200 Beta. Found one that fit! Still needing to locate the white lithium grease, but it least it's playing through w/o sticking.

Would also lover to source a copy of the owners' manual; or least, what the little slide-weight on the side of the tonearm is for (or what it should be adjusted to). I had thought that all T4P cartridges tracked at

1.25g/f, leaving the necessity for that, a mystery to me! Did find a PDF for the PS-LX520, but that one doesn't have the weight (go figure!).
Reply to
Madness

rail

try "anti skating weight"