Sony PS-LX510

Is there anyone who might be familar w/ this turntable? Problem w/
sticking linear tracking tonearm. I cleaned the dust & dirt off the rail
but may need to lube it. What do I use? Also, a source needed for the
little tonearm drive belt. Sony, of course, has discontinued it!

Re: Sony PS-LX510

The 520 repair manual doesn't seem to mention lubrication

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England
Re: Sony PS-LX510

Lithium grease (white) for lube. A friend of mine has a source for
replacement belts. I will track it down and post it.

Do you have a good source for P-mount cartridges?

Re: Sony PS-LX510

Sorry to not return as I was sick. But, yes, if you can find the belt,
I'd much appreciate it! As for cartridges, this unit came w/ the
original Sony VL-45G & I bought some new styli from eBay.

Re: Sony PS-LX510

Above mentioned friend is in New Zealand until mid or late February. I
sent him email, but he said his reference book is at his house and he
won't be able to check it out until he returns. Sorry. He said in the
meantime try http://www.turntablebasics.com/ or better yet, try:

http://www.elexatelier.com/sony.htm

which lists:

Sony PS-LX510 turntable tonearm belt replacement      $12.90

Good luck!

Re: Sony PS-LX510

Quite a bit of dough for a little rubber band! But I'll check it out.
Thanks!

Re: Sony PS-LX510

if this is similar to other linear decks I've worked on, you  will
indeed need to replace the small belt (s) responsible for moving the
arm itself. My local parts dealer gets this kind of thing from Molgar
or kF6%nig. CPC and charles hyde in the Uk may also be sources.

-B.

Re: Sony PS-LX510

I had forgotten that I had some leftovers from a belt kit, that I got
several years ago, for re-belting a Sony SL-5200 Beta. Found one that
fit! Still needing to locate the white lithium grease, but it least it's
playing through w/o sticking.

Would also lover to source a copy of the owners' manual; or least, what
the little slide-weight on the side of the tonearm is for (or what it
should be adjusted to). I had thought that all T4P cartridges tracked at
1.25g/f, leaving the necessity for that, a mystery to me! Did find a PDF
for the PS-LX520, but that one doesn't have the weight (go figure!).

Re: Sony PS-LX510

rail

try
"anti skating weight"