SONY KV-X2531D/AE1C TV still no video

Hi folks,

I have 1990 SONY TV KV-X2531D/AE1C which has started to drop video intermittantly from about 2 months ago. H/V and stuff are okay (I can get a picture from teletext, but with green missing). I traced the problem to the video (B-) board. When I would cool down IC301/TDA4580 with freeze-spray I could bring back video. So I decided to buy a new 4580 off eBay (the part is actually new) for

10 Euros and had the IC replaced by a professional who has the proper re-/soldering equipment. He soldered a IC-socket instead of the IC for easy replacement. So I replaced the board and fired it up again, and everything worked perfectly --- for 3 hours :(. Then the same problem would occur again, so the IC was not the souce.

In the area of the IC (to be hit by the freeze-stream) was also a cap and some diodes which I tested with an ESR-meter and a DMM respectively. Can the cap still be the problem even when its ESR is okay (about 0.2 ohms) ?? Any other hints ?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Glaubitz

I have had a number of Sony sets with defective CRT's that were blowing the video drive IC. The CRT was arching in side, and thus damaging the drive IC.

--

JANA _____

[...]

JANA

Hello,

Uh oh, that sounds like a big problem. But the thing is, the picture will sometimes come back, i.e. it is an intermittant problem. Also, isn't the CRT driven by the transistors on the neck board ? Can the CRT still then kill the jungle IC ?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Glaubitz