Sony KV-27XBR55 Repair

I've a Sony KV-27XBR55 and it suddenly has no picture.

Symptoms:

- no picture
- no OSD (on screen display) (the green colored text does not show)
- great sound
- tube seems to have static
- the back / neck of tube glows orange

I would appreciate it, If anyone can provide me of hints on how to go
about repairing it.

Anyone have the service manual/repair guide or schematics for this Sony
model (or similar model)?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Sony KV-27XBR55 Repair
DIY Repair:
You should go to the website for this newsgroup at
http://www.repairfaq.org /
there, with some of your search time, you will find a wealth of television
troubleshooting tips, repair procedures and important safety information.
Read through the repairfaq, perform some basic troubleshooting, testing,
meter readings, component tests, etc...
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

Barring that, you need a little more information as there are at least
4 common causes for your symptom and approximately 10 uncommon causes.

I would mark the G2 control and write down the voltage read on G2 and
then slowly turn it up to see if anything becomes visible.  That alone
will tell a lot about the problem.  Do not run the set in the fault
condition with the G2 turned up, some causes for the loss of video can
crack the picture tube if left with the G2 cranked up.

Re: Sony KV-27XBR55 Repair

Google sci.electronics.repair for lots of prior postings of similar
problems and how to troubleshoot each one.  At this point there are a
lot of different possibilities, need more input.  Before adjusting
anything (hint) mark it with a black permanent marker so you can know
exactly where you started.  I would start by measuring the G2/screen
voltage and write it down, mark the screen control, then slowly turn it
up to see if anything were visible on screen, then turn it back down to
exact origional position.

i.e. "Sony video" Sony blank video" etc

Re: Sony KV-27XBR55 Repair
Would anyone happen to have the PDF schematics / service manual for
this TV?

Someone mentioned that their was a website that provided free versions,
but I haven't been able to locate them.