SONY KP46WT500

I have a 3 year old sony 46" HDTV that for several months now has had very fainy, bery thin blue lines arcing horizontally across the screen. I want to get it fixed, but wanted to make sure what they are telling me is correct. I visited a local repair shop and over the phone they said that my blue tube was going out and estimated it would be $583 to replace. Does this sound right???

Reply to
Stacamen

Given the same information the shop had over the phone, I would guess just like them but say the spanner bearing or stem bolt was the problem. LOL

Honestly, you need to have a Sony trained servicer come out and do a proper diagnosis (in person) on the set in order to determine the problem and provide an estimate (not a guess based on vague symptoms) so you can decide whether it is worth repairing or not.

Reply to
dkuhajda

You should have your set properly checked out by a Sony authorised service man before taking any decision. There is no possible way to have an accurate assessment over the phone.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

You should have your set properly checked out by a Sony authorised service man before taking any decision. There is no possible way to have an accurate assessment over the phone.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.

Could be a CRT, Could be just a fault on the driver board, or just the screen voltage too high. Have someone look at it to get an accurate estimate. Best case - an adjustment. Worst case -New CRT time. The price you were quoted sounds average to me for a CRT replacement.

Jammy

Reply to
ampdoc

Repaired a few of these have not seen a bad tube yet, one of the most common problems with these sets is the TDA controll chip on the crt module on the end of the CRT, replaceing all three usually runs between

300 and 400 dollars. Good luck Hutch======
Reply to
tjhutch

Thanks for the info...I noticed the repair shop listed with Sony is Qualxserv...anyone have any experience with them?

Reply to
Stacamen