Sony Home Cinema ...

Don't suppose anyone UK - side has got an HCD - S800 (or possibly a 500 ?) that they've scrapped out for a bad laser or blown up audio ICs or a blown PSU, kicking about up the corner of the workshop collecting dust ? I'm looking for the board that's got all of the signal processing on it (front, right of the chassis, about square and some big LSIs on it). I'm not sure if the 500 is the same board, but the service manual is for 500 / 800. Basically, my personal 800, that I use as an optical input fully decoding AV amp, has stopped decoding any digital audio. At first, it was just very iffy at decoding anything that was coming in on the optical port. Once it had started decoding, it was then fine until next time you asked it to. Now, it won't even produce sound from the DVD section. Analogue audio from say the built in FM radio tuner, does however work just fine.

It would be good to recover it, as it's quite small and neat, and when working and set to "Auto Format Decode", it does a fine job of decoding virtually any format audio stream that's thrown at it.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily