Sony CPD-E530 contrast fixed !

Just a followup to anyone interested.

I noticed in the link provided by Dani

that there was mention of using Sony's diagnostic software to setup the monitor ( apparently there are few presets available for adjustment )

This reminded me that when I picked up a older Sony E500 monitor from a computer brokers a while back that they had mentioned using this. So I gave them a call and asked how they fix E530s. When I mentioned contrast, the guy said there was an item in the standard menu. I took a look and indeed under colour settings there's an option called 'image restoration'. I selected it and lo and behold it started recalibrating itself ! Result one monitor better than it was when I first got it !

So the additional 21" Sony I got on ebay as a 'safety precaution' for £35 looks like it's going to be part of a 2 monitor display setup now ! :-)

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear