Sony camcorder CCD-TVR15 - problem of closing cassette compartment

I would like to ask everybody for an advice.

The cassette housing assembly (cassette compartment) of my Sony camcorder CCD-TVR15 (Video8-XR) can not keep closing. When I press to close it, it will go down and close normally, but it gently pops up again after few seconds. The problem happens either with or without inserting a tape. There is nothing stuck inside.

Please advise me what's wrong with my camcorder and how to fix it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Reply to
Long

There are many possible causes for this problem. Some of the mechanical possibilities are: Broken or mis-aligned gears, Dirty or loose mode switch, Broken or loose belt, and more.

Some of the electronic possibilities include: A small crack in one of the circuit boards, Damaged components on the boards, especially capacitors which have a habit of going bad and leaking corrosive fluid onto the board, Torn or cracked ribbon cables - these connect the mechanism to the boards and connect the boards to each other.

The camera needs to be disassembled and diagnosed to determine which part of the circuit is telling the door to open and why it is doing that. Then the problem can be corrected only by either replacing the defective parts or by realigning the parts that are out of their correct position.

Reply to
Jumpster Jiver

mechanical

correct