Sony 5.1 receiver model:STR-DE345

Sony 5.1 A/V receiver model:STR-DE345,year:Jan 2000.No power only relay click I found F901=3 amp fuse to be open when I connected a 100 watt bulb inplace of F901 and pressed power button the light bulb lit bright and still no display. I tested most components with my Fluke DMM series II model 29 and they tested ok,like the five 0.22 ohm dual emitter resistors and since they were ok obviously the five output pairs of MP1620 & MN2488 were fine but I still tested them. I could not test IC501=STK350-230 as I would have to tear the whole thing apart to get to the trace side of the main board to take measurements. I could not find any Sony common repair tips at:

then click on "TSS logs for Sony".

Free Sony model:STR-DA777ES receiver/amp & Sony model:DVP-S9000ES DVP player service manuals and owner's manuals.Also other usefull info:

So if anyone could look up common repair tips from your repair experience or any pay repair tips sites such as:

or any other pay repair tips site?.Thanks in advance.

Sidney Dartmouth,Nova Scotia Canada

Reply to
sidneybek

Thanks in advance.

Despite your previous testing, my money is on one or more shorted output transistors. These often also get emitter resistors open, and in turn when that happens there are often bad 2SA988 protection circuit "gate" transistors as well, even some small resistors associated with them.

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias