Some Litton Microwave Parts Still Available (2023 Update)

Some Litton Microwave Parts Still Available

Litton was taken over by Maytag, but as of now, parts are still available for many models.

You can search by entering your full model (try with and without any dots or dashes in yours) here:

If you need an owner's manual / instruction booklet, first try here for a free one:

If it's not found there, you may be able to order one here:

Key words: Litton Industries Litton microwave oven parts Litton microwave parts owner's manual owner manual instruction book instruction

manual instruction booklet use and care guide use & care guide

Hope this helps.

William E. Miller, AS-EET snipped-for-privacy@usa.net =86

Microwave Oven Control Panel Repair Nationwide $39.95

Reply to
William Miller

com/gv383

Ah 49.95 and I have a new microwave,,,,,,,,,,,, beat that ....

Reply to
ransley

l.com/gv383

Yup, made in China and will probably last you a couple years if you are lucky.

Reply to
ultimauw

Yup, made in China and will probably last you a couple years if you are lucky.

True, but it will cook better than the 20 year old Litton too.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

here:

I have a 'Little Litton', made in the sixties, and it still works fine, in fact does popcorn (it has no turntable) better than new ones do. It has never had a repair other than replacing the light bulb every few years. However, it will give you a hernia when you pick it up! g>

Regards Lee

Reply to
Lee

It will? On what grounds do you say that?

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

I doubt it. In fact there will likely be virtually no difference in cooking ability. Microwave oven technology has been refined to the extent that there's very little difference from one unit to another, much like the "AA5" radio of the tube era, the outside may look different, but under the cover they're all remarkably similar.

If you have a big old oven in decent cosmetic condition and you still like the thing, seems like it's worth fixing, but then I'd rather fix anything than throw it away.

Reply to
James Sweet

The old ones have a metal "fan" blade at the end of the waveguide which spins by the airflow from the magnetron cooling fan. This blade scatters the microwave energy to prevent hot spots. New ovens usually just have a turntable instead. It's debatable which is a better approach, I'm guessing the turntable must be cheaper to make though, either that or people just recognize it as a feature while the fan blade is hidden.

Reply to
James Sweet

Well, assuming there is a need for parts, the 20 year old Litton is probably not cooking at all. Anything's better than that.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

I would guess the turntable. I had several ovens without them, several with. The ones with always worked better in minimizing hot-spots than the ones without.

jak

Reply to
jakdedert

in

the

ng

veral

than

the older microwave ovens were built like a tank.

my best friend has a ancient commercial model and added a wind up turntable, says it heats much more evenly now,'

Reply to
hallerb

Didn't even have to be a 'name' brand. My 1982 Samsung entry-level table-top micro is still in use every day. No repairs ever, knock on stained plastic.

aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

replying to William Miller, Barbara Snook wrote: ThermadorModel: 16-11-157 Type: S333 I recently had my Thermador microwave break down. It is about 15 years old and is apart of a built in Thermador Microwave/Oven/Warming tray set. A repair man said apparently the magnatron is broken. However, nobody can seem to find the repair parts. I found this particular model in California but they won?t sell it to me $750 because it is out of their zip code area!!!

By removing the magnatron, it appears that it is made by Panasonic. Model

Amazingly Thermador themselves cannot tell me where to go for replacement

I removed the magantron and it appears that it is made by Panasonic. Model

2m261-m32
--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/some-litton-microwave-parts-still-available-291582-.htm
Reply to

replying to Lee, Allen wrote: Mine was mfg in 1982 and it took two of us to take it out to the curb today. After 35 years, a power surge killed it. Put a new fuse in but that did not help. I think it fried the control board.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/some-litton-microwave-parts-still-available-291582-.htm
Reply to
Allen

d and

r man

the

??t

Well, 'Thermador themselves' means some poor schnook with a warehouse parts stock list, he WON'T be informed about anything that isn't in stock.

That magnetron is $25-ish on eBay. And, many magnetrons would substitute for it, there's some standardization to footprint and electrode configurati ons. An independent repairman (not factory-authorized) who doesn't have a contra ctual bond that requires him to use only Thermador parts, might serve your needs better than the schnook with the list.

Reply to
whit3rd

My mother in law has an original Amana RadarRange that still works! If it ever breaks, we will have to find out what museums want it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

capacitor 0.38 @ 2800 volt EAP 12211194, 976281 5629967311 microwave contactor EAP12211464, 979747

Reply to
dieselnich

None of these parts are useful in the Litton/Amana FS7, FS10 or FS17 'menumaster' devices, mfrd into the 80s. The contactor assembly did not use microswitches, nor was the magnetron second-sourced.

The '2023' updated message board's last entry is 5yrs old. and refered to a Thermador (non-Litton) device.

Litton related posts are 15yrs old.

RL

Reply to
legg