Solartron 7150 plus LCD & Circuit Diagram

I have a Solartron 7150 plus that had a faulty LCD display. I pulled it out of it's socket in case it was just a bad contact, but one of the epoxied metal pin contacts fell off. After fixing and plugging it back in the display is fully functional except that from the usual square on viewing angle or below the contrast is very low so it's hard to read at all. Viewed from higher angles the contrast improves to normal levels. What's happening and can I fix it?

Also, can anyone help me get a circuit diagram for his meter?

Thanks,

Scrim

Reply to
Scrim

"Scrim" wrote in news:pANXm.68189$% snipped-for-privacy@newsfe08.ams:

Perhaps you left out the polarizing filter? (or rotated it 90 degrees, if it is square).

The LCD effect depends on polarized light.

Light reflected at an oblique angle is naturally polarized, allowing the display to be visible at an angle, even without the front filter.

--
bz    	73 de N5BZ k

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to