So what's the truth about lead-free solder ? - Page 8

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 04:51:00 +0100, Eeyore

 Dumbfuck.  You cannot get the show from a single "middle of a season"
episode casual viewing.  You needed to BEGIN at the beginning.

Do you actually think you could grasp a deep show like "Lexx" without
seeing the first four episodes that constituted the first season?

  Same thing, dumbass.  You are worthless.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

I did.

I shall never forget the idiotic shots thar showed a jet engine still running
when
it clearly had no source of fuel.

Chrsit ! Are Americans *REALLY* that stupid that they fall for this crap ? You
really are a bunch of dumbnuts.

Frankly "Lost" made me think Americans are such utter fuckwits that we shouldn't
ever take them seriously.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 05:11:45 +0100, Eeyore

when

  You certainly do not know much about gyroscopic inertia.

  They spin at around 100k rpm, that's one hell of a gyro mass, and after
the crash were considerably slower, but any fuel remnant would
auto-ignite as it trickled in from the lines from the temperature of
them.

  Not 100% realistic, but it was possible.

  One of flight 77's engines went right through five sets of wall at the
pentagon, just on inertial energy alone.

  You're a goddamned retard.

 That's why they call it Fiction, dipshit.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

when

<snip>

The title of this thread is "So what's the truth..."; I encourage anyone who
objects to the appalling lack of scientific vetting of television scripts
to complain frequently to production companies, sponsors, TV stations, etc.
Fiction need not descend to alternate-Earth fantasy to accommodate continuity
errors, anachronisms, and fallacies, like the rearranging of the geography
of Kansas and Colorado on 'Jericho' (adding mountains to a flat topography,
replacing East with West, etc.).  In fact I have given up on Jericho as I
simply cannot continue to suspend belief on depictions that should have
been rendered correctly and would not alter the storyline.  Military and
Amateur Radio operators complained about the sloppy fist and uncopyable CW
during the opening credits and evidently that produced some changes but
still the producers don't use the services of a scientific advisor or
heed his advice.

Search the web for complaints and errors in 'Jericho', or similar shows,
to see that this is a real issue and audiences have more intelligence and
less tolerance than the industry acknowledges.

Regards,

Michael

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

  What if you had never seen either area before, you stupid dolt!?

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Is that meant to be an excuse for changing geography ?

The IPCC would be proud of your ability to deny facts.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 07:11:48 +0100, Eeyore

 Had he never seen it before, he would not know anything was changed.
  You're an idiot.  What "fact" did I deny, cockroach?

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

when

 Yet you never once expressed you feelings about the show under
discussion, which is "Lost".

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Good Lord !

Seen a shrink recently ?

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

running when

Good post.

BTW, you know the film, "Krakatoa, East of Java" ? It's actually **West** of
Java.

Another own-goal in the stupidity stakes for Hollywood. Hey, but we shouldn't
ever lets
facts get in the way of a 'good' movie !

Krakatoa is, in fact, west of Java
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krakatoa,_East_of_Java

Feel free to pony up your own map.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

when

You clearly are a cheap fuck.

Jet engines with no source of fuel spool down *very* quickly.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 07:00:53 +0100, Eeyore

running when

  There was obviously spurts of fuel as evidenced by the occasional
sputtering that caused it to surge UP in rpm every now and again.

  Get a clue, dipshit.

  In reality, NO engine of that weight, particularly a turbo-fan, could
survive the impact from that altitude, or any altitude above fifty feet,
much less 5000.  Nor could ANY of the passengers, etc., etc., etc.

  You obviously do not know how to watch a fictional tale...  at all.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

I'm sure the FAA and NTSB would be delighted to have your expert input in this
respect.

Especially when the engine pod is totally detached from the fuselage / wing and
there's
obviously no fuel lines rmaining. I simply couldn't keep a straight face.
Actually it was
more of a grimace. Are Americans really so stupid that they accept this kind of
nonsence
without objection ?

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 07:18:54 +0100, Eeyore

respect.

  READ IT AGAIN, DIPSHIT...

 F I C T I O N

  When you can grasp the English language past that of a three year old
retard, it will be time for you to have a clue.

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

this respect.

Uhuh. Crap fiction for American retards like yourself.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 07:18:54 +0100, Eeyore

there's
Actually it was
nonsence

 You have to watch the episode that came later that actually had video of
the crash. along with the reason for it.

 The wings were literally ripped off the plane, and the plane itself was
ripped apart, and the whole mess was being pulled toward the Island.

  Viola! No fuel laden wings to cause burning explosive frenzies!

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

and there's
Actually it was
of nonsence

You're an idiot.

Every large passenger jet has a fuel tank *between the wings*. Boeing call it
the CWT (centre
wing tank). It was the CWT that exploded on TWA800.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Sorry, I know it's only low-level fiction, but I loved "Lost" right from the
off. It's just escapism really - a bit frustrating in some episodes where
everything changes just as you feel that you've got the measure of it - but
the whole trick is just to suspend your belief in science and reality, and
enjoy it for what it is, an intriguing bit of fantasy drama. Now Harry
Potter. That's a different matter. How could anyone ever believe that a boy
and his chums could fly without a Cessna underneath them, or that a huge
train could hide in a station, and not be spotted by military satellites
that would want to know what it's up to. Ludicrous ...

BTW, I think that 100k RPM is a little fast for a commercial airliner
turbofan engine. More like a third to a half of that max at take off.

Arfa

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?

Exactly.... it's dumbing down.

No surprise were're breeding a generation of idiots.

Graham

Re: So what's the truth about lead-free solder ?
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 16:31:02 +0100, Eeyore

  You're the idiot.

  You are so goddamned stupid that you don't even know how to watch a
fictional story.

Site Timeline